Tuesday, September 10, 2013

11 September 2013 4th Hour Technology and Success 6th Grade Warmup

Use the provided link to answer the following question.

On the Moon, Jim had a weight of 27.5 lbf.

The force of gravity on the Moon is one sixth of that on Earth. How much did Jim weigh on Earth?


A:   4.583 lbf
B:   27.5 lbf
C:   137.5 lbf
D:   165 lbf

After you identify your answer, justify your answer.  Your response should be completed with three complete sentences.

These links will help you respond to the question.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/measure/weight-mass.html

http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/periodic_table/mass.html

When you have completed your warmup you need to complete and print your Word document project.  Your project will be turned in 15 minutes after the beginning of class.

20 comments:

  1. Carson D.
    The answer is A. The reason why is that 27.5 times 6 equals 165. that is my answer to this question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carson D.

      I meant to put the answer as D. It was a total accident.

      Delete
  2. Thaddeus p.

    i think www.colorado is a good websit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also it give alot of info to me and u.use this wed site please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam R

    The answer is D. It is D because 27.5 x 6 is 165. I know that because I did the math.

    ReplyDelete
  5. taddeus p. also it gives aiot of info to you and me. please use it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dylan S.

    The answer to this question is D. I got this answer by multiplying 27.5 by 6. The actual number was 165.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LilyAnne M

    I think that you would weigh less on the moon than on earth.
    My answer will have to B 27.5 lbf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jordan M.



    I think that the answer is d because it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tristan g.

    the answer is d. it's d because 27.5x6=1650.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saddie H.


    I think that Jim weighs 4.583 lbf. Because on the website http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/periodic_table/mass.html it said that the more gravity the less you weigh. So the more gravity the less you weigh.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Rocco B.

    I think the warm up was very confusing.Because I didn't understand it.And it was very hard







    ReplyDelete
  12. Cornelio V.

    The answer is A. I think it is right because it makes more sence.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to say that it is d because allot of people are picking it. Also because i did the math and it turned out to be d.I multiplied 27.5 by 6 and it turned out to be 165lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miranda B.

    I did not understand the warm up.It was very confusing to me.Also the web sites didn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brittany Ann huff

    I think that you wold weigh Les on the moon than on earth so my answer is 137.5


    ReplyDelete
  16. I will have to say that it is d because allot of people are picking it. Also because i did the math and it turned out to be d.I multiplied 27.5 by 6 and it turned out to be 165lbs

    that other one was mine i just forgot to put my name on it.

    Brieanna M K

    ReplyDelete